Monday 13 December 2010

Rainbow - finished


My rainbow is done~~
I finished quilting for a while,
but tired on the binding.
cant find a suitable fabric,
cos all fabrics I bought from the set are fat quarter which is not enough for binding...

It's really not easy to stitch in curve.
need a lot of measurement and, a good iron!
few white pieces turn creamy yellow in colour cos I ironed them too much!


I love the quilting on the border very much.
this is the first time I quilt in curve, too.
it's wonder when seeing all the beautiful quilting lines come up from the white fabric.

actually I choose a wrong batting.
this one is very thick and supposed used for machine sewing.
I got something around 5 yards from my sewing teacher,
and really want to consume some of them!
the result is.... I broke 12 quilting needle!!!
hahaha..... that's experiment~


the whole pattern turned out just so gorgeous!!


Hand sewing + hand quilting
Fabric selection from Japan Lecien 30's
June 2010 - November 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment